Monday, February 23, 2009

Once Again, A Very Full Weekend

I feel like everyone that I say this to tells me that they experienced the same thing - I feel like I didn't get much done last week. Maybe there is something about the third week in February... it's the Bermuda Triangle of the calendar year. You float into it, and then all productivity disappears. But, as always, it was a very full weekend.

Hmm... it was actually busy enough that I don't remember it completely. Let me think. Oh yes. Friday night we stayed in and played Street Fighter. Street Fighter IV came out on Wednesday (have I mentioned that already?) so Brett has been patiently trying to teach me how to play. And then we watched Return To Oz. I LOVED that movie growing up! Brett bought it for me for Christmas this year. He originally told me to wait to watch it until we were together. Yeah. I couldn't go 24 hours without popping it into the dvd player. In fact, I may have put it in to watch on Christmas night. haha. But this past Friday was his first time to see it. He thought it was weird. It was definitely created by some very vivid imaginations, but I love it!

I went home a little early, well, early for a Friday night, because my Aunt Carol and Cousin Emily were coming in town for my wedding shower on Saturday! They live in Round Rock, but they are AWESOME and wanted to come and show me some love! Emily had a basketball game, so they didn't get on the road Friday night until 9:00 or so. They got here just before midnight and we stayed up talking until almost 2. And then I was up wrapping a couple of presents for a bit longer. So I didn't get much sleep Friday night.

Then Saturday morning we all got up and got ready to go to my family shower at 11:30. It was really fun! I love my family! They are so generous and so funny and so kind and I am thankful for every time that I get the opportunity to spend time with them. And they literally showered us with gifts! AND gift cards, which I love! I LOVE to shop, so gift cards are always exciting to me.

After the shower we took a group over to see the apartment and drop off the gifts. It was me, Melanie, Madilyn, my mom, Brett's mom, my aunt Carol, my cousin Emily, Grandma and Mamaw. Brett is such a sport! Then we took everyone home and I headed back to the apartment at 3:30 or so. 

Brett and I spent a little time together and then planned our evening. Brett had a couple of returns to make at Fry's, and we knew that Macy's was having a one day sale, so we decided to go use our gift cards! We went to Target, then Fry's, then Best Buy, then a comic shop, then another Target, then Macy's, then Bed, Bath and Beyond, then Cotton Patch Cafe, then home. We took care of a lot of shopping needs and bought some really great things for our apartment, only two of which were impulse buys that we hadn't originally put on our registry. Oh, and one other thing that wasn't on our registry, but it wasn't an impulse buy... we knew when we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond that we wanted a hamburger press.

We got home, I think, around 9:00. I laid down on the couch to watch Brett play a little Street Fighter. I'm not sure when, but at some point I fell asleep. It must have tempted Brett a bit because at some point, he laid down and fell asleep too! I opened my eyes and it was suddenly 12:25! I jumped up and rushed home so I could crawl into bed, but ended up being up for a bit. I updated our registries and finally fell asleep around 2. Again. SO TIRED!

Today, after church, Brett and I went straight to Big Lots. Last week we found a table that we liked, but they were sold out. The woman working told us that they get shipments in every Thursday, so we wanted to check again. We didn't have enough money for a table and four chairs, but we had enough for a table and two chairs, so we wanted to grab them today because we had a great coupon that was good today ONLY! Well, they had in fact received more tables on Thursday, but they only got 2, and they were sold immediately. The guy there was SO helpful though! He gave us a sheet with the phone number and address of every Big Lots in the Dallas area. There are a ton! We called the Bedford store and they had one! So we called my parents to see if they could meet us at the Bedford store with my dad's truck and they said yes! We all headed that way! When we showed the set to my parents, my dad wanted to buy us 2 more chairs so we could have the whole set. My parents are amazing. So we bought the furniture, had a quick lunch and then headed to the apartment to unload.

As soon as we unloaded, I had to run! I was supposed to be at the seamstress's house between 2:00 & 3:00. We left to head that way at 3:05. Everything went well there and we left at 4:45 or so. She said she would finish the dress tonight, and I believe she is delivering it to Melanie tomorrow. The sleeves look perfect - like they were always a part of the dress. She did a great job!

I got back to the apartment at 5:30. Brett was napping and I was exhausted! But I knew that the Oscar pre-show would be in full force at 6:00, so I wanted to do some dishes, laundry and vacuum before they started. At 6:00, Brett started to assemble the furniture. Tonight, he put together 2 chairs and the table. They look great! Here is the picture of the set from the website. I haven't taken a picture of ours in the apartment, but I will! We are not buying the bench. We are going to start with 4 chairs, and eventually have 6. Woohoo for furniture in our new home!


















I am minutes away from passing out, but first, I will upload the pictures from my family shower. This is me with me gorgeous family!



Me with the
shower
hostesses.
My cousin
Ragan,
my Aunt Pam
and my
Aunt Dinah.











Me with
my sisters!


















My Grandma
and Aunt Carol.

















Jenna
and
Chris's
Ragan.
How cute
are they!













Me and
Madi


















The
beautiful
and
delicious
cake!














All of
my Aunts!
Pam, Dinah
and Carol.















All of the
cousins.
Rian,
Emily,
Ragan
& Haley.













Me with
Carol &
Emily
who
love me
enough to
drive from
Round Rock!











Me with
my Mom
& Margaret.
My hair
looks great
in this
picture!












Me with
Grandma
& Mamaw.

No comments: