Sunday, January 4, 2009


This is my last day in the house where I am house sitting and I wanted it to be super productive!

It started well, I woke up on time, but my luck ran out quickly. I was almost ready to leave for church and time was on my side. But I grabbed a cup to take it to the kitchen so the dogs wouldn't knock it over while I was gone. Well, the cup, or should I say glass (it looked plastic to me!) didn't make it to the kitchen. I bumped it on a chair in the living room and it shattered. I immediately had terrible images of the dogs swallowing glass so I searched for a broom and dustpan and swept the area three times. But because there had been a tiny bit of water in the cup, the floor was wet and I was concerned that there was still glass lurking that I couldn't see because it was wet. So to be safe, I made the decision to leave the dogs outside while I was at church. I felt bad doing this because, like I said earlier, it is 50 degrees cooler today than it was yesterday. And I had two quick errands to run on my way home! But these are big dogs. They have long hair, and they wrestle frequently. So I told myself they would be fine and I dashed out the door.

Church was great. If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times - Brett is such a gifted teacher. I love being in his Sunday School class. And Brother Ken gave a moving sermon.

I was very pleased with my first errand after church. I was looking for Central Market. I looked it up last night and there is one fairly close to this house. But on my way I passed a Whole Foods that is even closer. There are some tofu noodles that I learned about on Hungry Girl, but they can only be found in a few stores. I bought 10 bags, and I am happy to have them. They are a SUPER alternative and can be used in so many ways.

Unfortunately, my second errand was not so fruitful. I am looking for some new clip art. I have at least 1,000,000 pieces of clip art... probably 1,250,000... but there is not a single decent willow tree in the bunch! There is a "willow trees" but it does NOT look like a willow tree to me. I have looked everywhere that I know to look. It's just not happening.

Anyway, I got back to the house, swept two more times, ate lunch and then worked for about an hour. Then I fell asleep. How is that for productive! I really needed a nap though. Hopefully I will be able to stay up and get 8 hours of work done in 4. It can happen. Wish I had some coffee though... but I promised the dogs I wouldn't leave them again - today.

No comments: