Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, the first change I made in the new year was updating my blog design. Do you like it?

Remember a couple of months ago when I was house sitting and I was kind of sad because I thought it would be my last time to house sit? Well, I stand corrected. The wedding is 79 days away, and the family I like to house sit for went on vacation for New Years, so here I am! I LOVE this house. I love pulling into the garage and listening to the door close and imagining that it is my house I am pulling into. Overall, the contemporary country feel is not my style, but there are elements, like the curtains hanging on the window I am sitting in front of, that I totally dig! And the flow of this house is great. It wraps around the backyard and there are large windows in every main room so you can see the gorgeous green backyard. And the bed... oh my goodness. It is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

So this is probably supposed to be a New Year's Resolution post, but seriously? 2009 is going to rock my world! The wedding is so close I can hardly think of anything else. My main goal this year is to be a good, Godly wife, but I know very little about how to do that, so I am just going to pray hard and take it one day at a time. 

We get the keys to the new apartment on January 16. That night, a Friday, Brett and I will move our electronics and anything delicate to the apartment and then Saturday we will load up the U-haul, with the help of as many friends we can convince to come to our aid. I am SO excited! I haven't been this excited about a move since I got my own apartment in 2004. I was SUPER excited when I was moving in with Jenina, and again when I was moving in with Jennifer, but I knew from the beginning that I was going to love those experiences. I had very clear pictures in my head of what that would be like. But living alone... there was an element of the unknown that gave my excitement a nervousness that raised the stakes. That is how I am feeling about this move. I have NO idea what it will be like. Marriage. I am so used to talking about the wedding, I have grown desensitized to the word. But marriage? Yeah. I shake in my slippers a little.

I mean, on one hand, Brett and I do EVERYTHING together, so there are some things that will be familiar. I mean, Brett and I have been dating for 3 years, and we were friends for 2 years before that. Things like cooking together and going everywhere together... old news. But there will be a lot of new things too! Like brushing teeth. I've never brushed my teeth with Brett. I've never gotten ready for work with him. Are we going to drive each other crazy? I'm not a morning talker, and I have had roommates be really sensitive about that before. Will he think I'm grumpy in the mornings? I'm really not grumpy, I just don't have much to say. haha... I'm not very good at waking up. That's another thing. Brett is a very light sleeper. We have napped together before and he tosses and turns at every noise. Me? I sleep through my alarm for hours every morning. HOURS.

I am not going to freak out about those things just yet though. I still have too many wedding things to potentially freak out about. I am going to take advantage of this time house sitting. I have a list of wedding things to get done and I have a list of lists that I need to make. Go ahead. Laugh. I'm used to it.

I'm too tired to proof read this post past clicking spellcheck, so I apologize for any words that don't make sense.

1 comment: