Monday, December 22, 2008

Totally Registered

Okay, I just spent my lunch hour creating a registry on the Bed Bath and Beyond website. I feel so much better! I feel like we have registered for everything that we need to now. Wedding experts, whoever they may be, recommend that couples register at 3 stores so people have a variety of places to shop and price ranges. We had registered for dishes and a couple of other things at Macy's, and then our other items at Target. But we hadn't found any decorative items and there were a few kitchen things that I hadn't really found in my style, so we decided to browse in Bed Bath and Beyond on Saturday. I tell you what. I am going to miss Linens N Things, but they are practically the same store. BB&B feels crowded... the aisles are smaller and they are jam packed. But we found all of the items there that we had hoped to find at Linens N Things before they closed, so I am really pleased. It was too crowded to register on Saturday, and we were trying to get home to do some packing, but it was easy to do online, so good times! We are done!

I am really thankful that this week is here. Tomorrow is Brett's birthday. I am taking him to work in the morning. I will have breakfast and a small present for him when I pick him up in the morning. And then I will pick him up from work and we will head to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and more presents. I realize that's not a diet friendly restaurant, but hello. It's two days before Christmas. What's the point?

Food has been horrid lately. Well, let me rephrase. Food has been delicious, but my choices? Yeah, I pretty much go to bed hating myself every night because of the food I ate that day. When this week is over, life will be a lot easier in that aspect and in a few others. I LOVE Christmas! But the wedding is 89 days away and it is ready to take center stage in my life. Time is short and there is still a LOT to do.

But it will get done. This week I want to enjoy the people in my life that I love. First of all, to recognize Christ's sacrifice and love. I am humbled by God's grace and so thankful for his gift of salvation. I don't really have adequate words...

And I get to see my family this week. =-) My whole family. It is my favorite part of the holiday season. I think I still have a present or 2 to wrap also, which rocks! I love to wrap! And HOPEFULLY I have a little more shopping to do. If I end up not getting a Christmas bonus, then the shopping is done, but I don't know yet how that is going to turn out, so we shall see.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good Monday!

No comments: