Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Spit it Out!

I HATE not having time to blog. My head gets so full that I think it's going to explode.

I am going to post a quick entry before another day gets under way and I have that much more to say! My days have been very eventful lately.

Saturday was GREAT! Brett and I drove to Fairfield, Texas to eat lunch with our friends from The Woodlands. We decided to find a place halfway between us to meet and exchange presents. We ate at a really neat place called Sam's Buffet that apparently, I'm the only person in Texas who had never heard of it. The front was like Cracker Barrel, a little shop with gifts and trinkets. Really neat! I almost bought a little coin purse that was made out of a baby sock. But I couldn't buy 1 without buying 5 (they would be perfect stocking stuffers for the girls in my family) and I could only afford 1, so I didn't buy any.

Lunch was SO tasty and it was SO good to see our friends, the Willinghams. It was almost a relief. Like breathing fresh air without realizing that I needed it so badly. I have been treading water lately, and I guess I had slipped beneath the surface without acknowledging it. Seeing my friends felt like new life for a couple of hours.

Then on our way home we stopped in Waxahachie to see Brett's other BFF and his family. So we had lots of fun delivering presents and eating yummy food and most of all, seeing special people. It was our first Christmas tada.

Sunday was a whole nother kind of interesting. It sounds like poor planning, but it wasn't intentional... some things didn't work out like we had planned so we had to reschedule and we ended up having 2 class events on one Sunday.

My day began at 7:30. I met Jared in the sanctuary to rehearse because we were going to do a skit in both services. Jared had KidStuf practice at 8 so we met extra early. When we were done I had plenty of time to run a couple of errands and pick up what I needed for the rest of the day. So I drove across the street to get donuts for the class first. And then I decided to go down the street to my bank and get cash that I would need for our party Sunday night. I still can't believe this, but when I got out to go to the ATM, I locked my keys in the car. I have been expecting that to happen because it has ALMOST happened several times over the last month. My head is so full... I'm thinking of too many things at once. I realized it when I was standing at the ATM waiting for it to spit my money out. My keys weren't in my hand. I checked my pockets. Nothing. I walked back to my car and there they were, grinning at me from the passenger seat.

So I walked next door to a restaurant and asked to use their phone. I had a spare key at home, so I called my house 3 times. No answer. I called my friend Jenina 3 times because she lives really close to the bank. No answer. I called Brett one time. No answer. So I gave back the phone and started walking back to the church. It was SO funny! I wish someone could have seen me. I was tripping over my boots the whole way. After 15 minutes or so I took them off and carried them. There is no way that I didn't look drunk. It wasn't cold, but it was very windy and my hair flying over my head made me six feet tall.

When I was walking past Lively a woman from my church spotted me and gave me a ride the rest of the way THANK GOODNESS because I was worried I was going to miss the skit. There were only two of us in it, so Jared couldn't do it without me.

After the skit, which went well, by the way, Jared took me home to get my spare and then back to my car so I could go back to church.

After big church we had a class project that only 5 people, including Brett and I, showed up for. We were planning on 12 so that is how many people we bought pizza for. Yeah, we'll be eating pizza all week. But we got it done, and that's the important part.

Then Sunday night 5 class members and 1 guest went to see Ebenezer at The Pocket Sandwich Theater in Dallas. The past few years we have had a Christmas party at someone's house, but we are in a unique position right now. No one connected to our class lives in a house. So we needed an alternative. This musical is what we came up with and I am THRILLED that we did! Every show at the PST is a unique experience and this one did not disappoint.

Okay, so after locking my keys in my car Sunday, the crazy had apparently not worn off yesterday. I felt like getting out on my lunch break so I ran to Target to grab the last part of Brett's birthday present and then I drove to Chipotle to grab a burrito bowl. When I got to Chipotle I realized that I didn't have my wallet with me. I frantically searched my car but came up with nothing. So I drove back to Target and looked in the parking lot where I had been. Nothing. I went to the register where I had paid 5 minutes before. Nothing. So I went to customer service. I stood in line for 10 minutes, the panic rising towards my eyes the whole time. I was SO relieved when they had my wallet! I cried walking back to my car. As soon as I got in the car I opened my wallet. Every card is still there. I was so thankful. But then I realized that my tithe check was missing. I missed the collection plate Sunday morning so I was going to drop the check in the mail this week. It was made out to my church, but it was a signed check. I am a little worried still. Yesterday I was so upset. Just last week I heard a story on the radio from a dj who had a check of his stolen that was made out to his neighbor. The person who took it crossed out the neighbor's name and the amount, wrote his own name and $500 on the check and got it cashed at Walmart. Are you kidding me? So I stopped payment on the check at my bank, an action which unjustly cost $20, and I am going to watch my accounts like a hawk. I am worried that someone will make fake checks with my info or buy things online. But I talked to my bank. They know there is an issue, so hopefully if anything happens, I won't have trouble fixing it.

Last night was MUCH more enjoyable. I had to leave Brett's early when the weather turned nasty, but I addressed all of our Save the Dates! I did so while watching Things We Lost in the Fire, which was a good flick, incidentally. I dropped them in the mail on my way to work today. It turned out pretty cute. Check it out!



















Okay, now time to work. Finally!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ugh! What a weekend! I'm so glad I get to see you tonight! I love the Save the Date, too. Very cute!