Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Midnight Run

Well, Brett and I had a little adventure last night.

I had a very tiring day so I came home at 9:30 and I was in bed by 10:00. I can't remember the last time that I was in bed at 10:00. But after an hour or so of sweet sleep I was awoken by my phone. The clock said 11:20 and my phone said Brett. He had just gotten off of the phone with a friend of ours who had taken the bus to Fort Worth with her boyfriend and then lost track of time and now they needed a ride. They were in a bar (because the restaurant they had been in closed and they couldn't find anything else open) and waiting for a ride.

It was raining and Brett's car is not really up for trips like that, so I got dressed while Brett looked up directions and then we were off. The trip there was fine. I am always a little nervous driving to new places at night. After 6 years of staring at computer screens all day, my eyes are always very tired at night and I have trouble reading signs from far away. But there was no traffic. They were in downtown Fort Worth, but Brett is familiar with major streets in Fort Worth because he lived there for a while. We found the bar easily and turned around and took them both home. They live in opposite sides of Irving so even without traffic, I didn't get home until 2:00 this morning.

I'm a little sleepy.

But I'm glad we were able to help our friends. It must be tough being without a car. I'm glad they felt comfortable enough to call Brett and I'm glad we were able to find them.

But I hope the only adventure I have at midnight the rest of this week is a dream about me winning the lottery.

No comments: