Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy October


And suddenly... it's October!

My favorite month =-) I love the fall. So many of my favorite things happen in the fall. The whole pumpkin phenomenon? Totally guilty of that. A teacher at school brought me a pumpkin frappuccino this morning. Good. Ness. It was delicious! And pumpkin pancakes at IHOP? Forget about it. Going this Saturday with my mom. Can't wait!

It's also the beginning of craft fair season! I'm not sure how many I'm actually doing this year. I hope at least one, possibly two. I need to get that figured out! It's part of my plan for this Saturday. Also part of my plan for this Saturday: going to a craft fair! With my mom, after eating pumpkin pancakes at IHOP. AND it's cooling off a bit. Woohoo!

Also, orange is my favorite color. I'm mesmerized by the leaves changing every year! Is there anything more beautiful??? I'd really like to take a trip to New England to do some tree ogling. Someday =-)

I'm excited about a new season. Brett and I are in a new season of life, so I'm happy that the weather is changing. We moved here mid summer, but fall will be our first full season in the new place. I realize that's a pretty random thing to be excited about, but there you go.

We are very happy in our new place. Brett is loving seminary and God has blessed me in so many big and little ways. I'm having a lot of fun with my current craft. There was the collaging, then the rope bottles and ornaments, and now I'm into felt alphabets. It's so fun! I've always wanted to learn to sew. Someday, I will buy a sewing machine and have my mom teach me. For now, I satisfy that desire with hand stitching felt with embroidery thread. Not fancy, but oh so fun! I feel like Betsy Ross!

I'm also really enjoying choir. It's good to be back =-) It feels good to sing and I love having that time with Rebecca!

The mission trip is getting close. I still have a little money to raise, but we're almost there. I can't remember if I have blogged about the trip yet... I'll do that soon! But I'm thinking about what I need to do to be prepared spiritually and physically for that trip. I'm hoping to start a regimen next week. Another thing to get figured out on Saturday.

Tomorrow night, Brett has class, so I'm going to dinner and a movie with three girlfriends. I literally cannot remember the last time I had a dinner and movie night with my girlfriends who weren't my actual sisters. I'm really looking forward to it!


And now it's time for bed. I leave you with some fuzzy pictures of my fuzzy felt creations. I got 6 orders this week, so I bought more supplies and will get started on that, you guessed it, this Saturday =-)

Happy Fall my friends!




No comments: